RSS Feed

Tryout. / Tentativa.

Para português, leia abaixo.

It is good to have some expertise around when Saturday, the tyre-filling party gets loose. Since the expert will be me, it is about time to become one. So I decided to fill up some tyres myself.  I red once again the chapters in the earthship construction book, watched some youtube instruction video’s , got my shovel and went to school. There I carefully laid down my first empty tyre. Tyre number ONE!  I closed the under hole with two pieces of cardboard, ripped from a supermarketbox. Than I filled the tyre up with earth. With gloved hands, I pooked the earth deep under the rim.   It was easy… I saved the lifes of a handfull of worms and maggots and started banging with a 2 kg hammer. Since the earth was very dry (just loose particles) and didn’t stick together it sprayed to all sides. I decided to moister the earth until it holded together. Perfect. Than I started banging the earth outwards. This time the rim of the tyre raised a couple of centimeters. Just like is visible on the youtube films. YESSSSSS it worked!
The second tyre went smooth, without any problems.  Than I had to line up the tyres and to level them all together. On example videos they use a heavy steel stamp to lower parts of the tyre where it is nescesary. I did it with the hammer. A heavy steel stamp with a  bigger surface might work bettter.
Tomorrow I will go to the scrapyard to make me one.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

É bom ter alguma experiência para quem vier ajudar no sábado, assim a equipe de encher pneus começa!
Como o especialista serei eu, é hora de tentar começar a ganhar experiência. Então, decidi começar a encher alguns pneus sozinho. Li mais uma vez sobre a técnica num manual de construção de “earth-ships” (nave-terra), assisti novamente os videos de instrução no You Tube, peguei minha pá e fui para a escola. Lá, cuidadosamente, assentei meu primeiro pneu vazio. O PRIMEIRO pneu! Fechei o buraco inferior com dois pedaços de papelão de caixas de supermercado. Enchi então o primeiro pneu com terra. Com gluvas, apertei a terra bem embaixo das bordas internas do pneu. Foi bem fácil… Salvei a vida de um grupo de larvinhas e minhocas e comecei a bater com uma marreta de 2 kg. Como a terra estava bem seca, entre quebrando uns torrões e muitas partcículas pequenas soltas, não grudando uns pedaços nos outros, a terra se soltava pelos lados a cada marretada. Eu decidi molhar a terra até que ficasse mais firme. Perfeito. Então, comecei a bater a terra dentro, com a marreta na direção externa do pneu. Dessa vez, a borda do pneu subiu uns poucos centímetros. Como a gente vê também nos filmes disponíveis no You Tube. SSIIIIIMMMM, funcionou! O segundo pneu foi bem mais simples, sem nenhum problema. Tive de alinhar os  pneus para que ficassem os dois nivelados.  Em videos de exemplo, usam um socador de aço para abaixar partes do pneu quando é necessário. Fiz com um martelo, mas um socador com uma superfície maior certamente fncionaria melhor.  Amanhã, vou para o ferro-velho para tentar comprar algo que sirva de socador.  Ou as partes para construir um.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: